The extreme fluctuation in temperatures along with the snow and rain we have been experiencing has been resulting in significant pavement damage causing potholes across the City.
City crews will continue to undertake pothole repairs with due diligence but note they are experiencing challenges due to the weather conditions.
During this harsh weather there is a heightened importance for motorists to drive defensively as they travel about the city, which includes:
– Reducing speed of travel and preparing for a slower than usual commute
– Maintaining constant attentiveness to road conditions
– Following other vehicles at a safe distance
– Maintaining optimum sight lines by thoroughly clearing your vehicle of snow, ice and mud
– Properly maintaining your vehicle, particularly tires, headlights, and windshield wipers
Please report potholes by calling 905-546-CITY. When you calling to report a pothole please be sure to provide detailed information as to location (street addresses or intersections) and estimated size of pothole. This will assist staff with prioritizing efforts.